Reply by Pissed Consumer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for leaving your reviews on our site.

Please note the following:
1) It is against our policies and procedure to intervene into the user-generated content, such as reviews, review updates, comments. Thus, we offered you removal procedures and would like to reiterate them below:
Pissed Consumer unpublishes/redacts posts/comments by receiving one of the following:
a) a valid court order (see our Legal page for more information: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/legal-information.html#CourtOrders);
b) a notarized letter from an original poster (see this article for more information: https://help-center.pissedconsumer.com/how-to-remove-a-complaint-from-pissed-consumer);
c) a valid decision of an arbitrator (see our LVP rules for more information: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/legitimacy-verification-program-rules-and-conditions.html);

2) Please note that only the original user, who registers on our site, can change a username associated with that account. Thus, your allegations that someone else accessed your account and changed your username are unsubstantiated and without merit.

“GrandioseButterfly” username was generated automatically by our system. If you would like to change it to something more neutral, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Pissed Consumer account;
- Press on your username in the right upper corner of the page;
- Choose "Settings" from the drop-down menu;
- Press "Edit" button near your username and type in your new desired username;
- Press "Save" button to save the changes.

If you have any further questions, you can contact our legal team at legal@pissedconsumer.com

Regards,
Pissed Consumer Customer Support Team
Author's
Ease of Use
Privacy and Data Security
Tracking Tool
Usability

Update by user Oct 04

Pissed Consumer read my review about them and still chooses to do nothing to correct the problem. It's sad that Pissed Consumer would rather have poor reviews about them all over the internet, including their own website as well as the Better Business Bureau, than provide good customer service.

It's ridiculous that their reasoning for not removing my other review is because "it is their policy and procedure". It's their own policy (a silly one too) so there is absolutely no reason why they can't change it and no reason why it should exist in the first place. It would be extremely easy for them to remove it so it's obvious they're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Avoid this site at all costs. Stick with the big guys (Google, Yelp, etc.) - they know what they're doing, they care about their users' experience, and those are the only review sites that anyone reads and cares about anyway.

Original review posted by user Oct 04

I submitted a negative review about a car dealership and decided shortly after that I wanted it removed. I contacted Pissed Consumer requesting to have it removed to which they refused. They said I would need to submit a legally authorized letter stating that I falsified the information in the review, but I did not falsify any information, I simply decided that I don’t want the review online for the public to view any longer.

Pissed Consumer still refused to take the review down so I submitted a complaint to their local Better Business Bureau. A couple of days after I contacted the Better Business Bureau, I noticed that the author of the review I wrote coincidentally changed from my name to someone else’s name. If you click on the new alleged author’s name, you can see that their profile was created on September 8, five days after I wrote the review (clearly a scam). I also no longer have the ability to add any additional comments to the review. It’s almost as if an administrator at Pissed Consumer did this in an attempt to protect themselves from any legal liability. This is a very shady practice, but I can’t say that I’m surprised since their customer service is also horrible.

Pissed Consumer has refused to respond to all attempts made by The Better Business Bureau to get the review removed on my behalf (again, not surprising) and this poor experience will now be recorded on the Better Business Bureau’s website so that others are aware of their shady practices and their unwillingness to cooperate with their users.

I submitted the same review on several other sites including Google, Yelp, and Cars.com and I had no trouble having the reviews removed/changed on those sites, and those are much bigger companies than Pissed Consumer so there is no reason why a company like Pissed Consumer can’t do the same. On the bright side, Pissed Consumer is a small, no-name website that nobody has ever even heard of so the chances of anyone actually reading the review are slim to none anyway.

If you want to write a review about a company, do it elsewhere, do not use Pissed Consumer. They will give you nothing but unnecessary grief if you ever decide that you want to change or remove it. Stick with the larger, well-known review sites. They will help you out instead of giving you the runaround and making things needlessly difficult simply because they can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pissed Consumer Review Listing.

Preferred solution: Remove the review I wrote as originally requested.

I didn't like: Difficult to delete reviews, Not being able to access my review.